10. Katie Martell, CMO, Cintell. Why is Martell a "must follow"? "This Boston-based marketer-turned-entrepreneur has created buzz, built brands and driven growth at B2B tech organizations," states Ann Handley, head of Content at MarketingProfs. "As a millennial CMO, she proves that life as a digital native has prepared her well to be part of the next generation of marketing leadership," she continues. In her role at Cintell, Martell helps "marketers across the world better understand their buyers, and become truly customer-centric (which is what a lot of companies say they are, but few truly are)."
11. Neil Patel, an entrepreneur (cofounder of analytics companies KISSmetrics, Crazy Egg and Quick Sprout), angel investor and consultant, "is a must-follow on social media," says Valerie Jennings, CEO, Jennings Social Media Marketing. "Not only does he provide excellent original content every week and insights into marketing, but he also is great about engaging with his followers, even though he has over 150,000. You can gain insight and extend brand reach by engaging with Neil Patel."
"Neil is fantastic with everything from SEO to social media and everything in between and outside of it from a digital marketing perspective," says Delehanty. "He shares fantastic content that helps business owners and marketers make the best of their Web experiences, and [he] engages [with] audiences," he adds. "He's a great mix of science, common sense and accessibility, and he never gets too in the weeds."
12. Holly Pavlika, senior vice president of brand strategy at Collective Bias. "[Holly] blends a good amount of authenticity with subject matter expertise in the area of social media and product marketing," says Anthony Onesto, vice president of human resources, Razorfish, a marketing agency. "She also is one the few high profile bloggers and Twitter personalities that actually engages with their community," he adds. "Most are in a push content out' mode, [but] Holly is different. She engages and thanks you for sharing content."
13. Christopher Penn, vice president, marketing technologies, SHIFT Communications. "Christopher Penn [is] one of the industry's leading innovators and social media influencers," states C.C. Chapman, a writer and consultant. Media outlets regularly search him out "for his leadership in new media and marketing. [And] in 2012 and 2013, Forbes named him one of the top 50 most influential people in social media and digital marketing," he notes.
What, in particular, makes Penn a marketer to follow on social media? "He is very smart in only sharing the best and most informative links," says Chapman. "Every morning his #The5 are a must read for anyone, no matter what field they are in."
14. PPC Hero, blog and online resource for all things pay-per-click. "They are, in my opinion, the number one source of trustworthy news and best practices for PPC marketing," says Kirk Williams, founder, ZATO, a search engine marketing agency.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.