5. Andy Crestodina, Web strategist and cofounder, Orbit Media Studios. "Andy has a knack for simplifying complex content marketing, Web analytics and marketing technology topics and sharing them in an easy-to-understand and actionable manner," says Steve Susina, marketing director, LyonsCG, an ecommerce digital agency. In addition to sharing "his own content, he curates and shares great ideas from others across the marketing ecosystem. And he regularly engages with others on social media."
6. Rand Fishkin, founder, Moz. "Rand Fishkin has been a thought leader in the SEO world for a number of years and whilst no longer CEO of Moz, he is still very active in the search marketing community," explains Simon Ensor, managing director, Yellowball, a digital marketing agency. "Thankfully, he is also forthcoming with advice and latest news as well as being particularly active on social media. This in turn makes him an incredibly useful source of contemporary information on all things SEO."
"The reason I like following Rand is because he gives, or directs people to, great insights that are easy to digest and understand for the everyday marketer or business owner," says Patrick Delehanty, a digital marketing specialist with Marcel Digital. "He's [very good at responding to] questions or comments on Twitter and also is fantastic at engaging in honest dialogue about business and marketing issues or news. The content he puts out on Moz and his presentations are great for anyone that is either just starting in digital marketing, or a seasoned veteran."
7. Ahna Hendrix, CEO & lead social media specialist, ARCH Digital Agency. "I believe good content and value are the premier services you can offer on a social media platform, and Ahna does it well and with flair," says Dan Sotridge, a motivational speaker, writer and life coach. "Her bubbly personality shines through in everything she posts, and gives the follower a reason to buy in' to what she is talking about. I am always looking for new ways to use social media to drive my business, [and] Ahna takes the work out of business-related social media and makes it fun!"
8. Kevan Lee, content crafter, Buffer. "Kevin shares the best writing tactics for blogging and social media and has a [helpful] newsletter," says Jeff Lizik, director of Digital Marketing, C-leveled. "If you follow Kevin, you'll learn [about] the best tools out there that save you the most time." For example, "he recently posted about the science and research behind hashtags. It answers questions like, Should we be using them and how many should we use in one post?'"
9. MarketingProfs, "MarketingProfs provides great tips on content ideas, writing and creation," says Katie Bisson, marketing & public relations manager, Technology Seed, a managed IT services company. "Along with providing tips in blog or article format, they host an abundance of webinars all geared toward content creation. This is, by far, my favorite site to turn to."
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.