• AWS has reduced prices 47 times since AWS launched in 2006.
• Every day, Amazon Web Services adds enough new server capacity to support all of Amazon's global infrastructure when it was a $7 billion enterprise.
• AWS has been continually expanding its services to support virtually any cloud workload, and it now has more than 40 services that range from compute, storage, networking, database, analytics, application services, deployment, management and mobile.
• Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2) instance usage has increased 99% year-on-year, comparing Q3 2014 and Q3 2013, not including Amazon use.
• Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) holds trillions of objects and regularly peaks at millions of requests per second.
• In 2011, AWS released over 80 significant services and features; in 2012, nearly 160; and in 2013, 280. This year, AWS is ahead of last year’s pace and have launched more than 400 since January 2014. AWS expects to end the year at more than 450 significant services and features.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.