ISACA - a non-profit, independent association that advocates for professionals involved in information security, assurance, risk management and governance - has recently appointed Frank Yam as its new international director.
According to its media statement, Yam is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Hong Kong-based Focus Strategic Group Inc and adjunct professor of Nanjing Audit University in Mainland China. He is also a member of ISACA's Strategic Advisory Council and chair of ISACA's Credentialing and Career Management Board.
Previously, Yam served on ISACA's board as the international vice president from 2004 to 2009. He also held other leadership roles for numerous local and international professional bodies, including the ISACA's China Hong Kong Chapter Board and Information Security Specialist Group for the Hong Kong Computer Society.
"Frank is a veteran ISACA board member, who brings a wealth of experience, expertise and regional knowledge to the board," said Robert E Stroud, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies (USA). "He is strongly committed to helping ISACA constituents better govern and manage their enterprise IT. His dedication is an asset to the association, especially as we grow our presence in China."
Commenting on his new role, Yam said: "I am privileged, once again, to help ISACA lead and provide members and other professionals with critical resources to ensure that their enterprise's information is more secure, its risks are controlled, and it is receiving maximum value from IT-related investments."
Besides Yam, nine other business and IT leaders were selected to serve on the 2014-2015 ISACA Board of Directors. They include:
- International President Robert E Stroud, CGEIT, CRISC, vice president of strategy and innovation at CA Technologies, USA
- International Vice President Steven Babb, CGEIT, CRISC, ITIL, technology risk management, compliance and assurance leader at Vodafone, UK
- International Vice President Garry Barnes, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, MAICD, managing consultant at BAE Systems, Australia
- International Vice President Rob Clyde, CISM, CEO of Adaptive Computing, USA
- International Vice President Ramsés Gallego, CISM, CGEIT, CCSK, CISSP, SCPM, Six Sigma Black Belt, security strategist and evangelist at Dell Software, Spain
- International Vice President Theresa Grafenstine, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, CIA, CGAP, CGMA, CPA, inspector general of the US House of Representatives, USA
- International Vice President Vittal Raj, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, CFE, CIA, CISSP, FCA, partner of M/s. Kumar & Raj and director at Pristine Consulting Private Limited, India
- Director Debbie Lew, CISA, CRISC, executive director within Ernst & Young LLP Advisory practice, USA
- Director Alexander Zapata Lenis, CISA, CGEIT, CRISC, COBIT Certified Assessor, COBIT 5 Implementation, PMP, ISO 22301 Lead Implementer, ITIL, ISO 27001, IT consultant in Latin America, Mexico
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.