Cybersecurity and technology risk jobs are the most in-demand tech career in Singapore, according to recruitment firm Randstad Technologies.
"With the increased threat in the banking environment, CIOs have allocated IT spend to the protection of information systems from theft or damage to the hardware, software, integrity of the information on them, as well as from disruption or misdirection of the services they provide," said Randstad in a press release.
Cybersecurity officers play multiple functions including incident detection, response, malware research to vulnerability assessment and penetration, and testing of systems and software. As such, Randstad said they must have an experience in penetration testing and vulnerability assessment; cybersecurity incident management; knowledge in cybersecurity landscape, techniques and tactics; knowledge in intrusion detection systems and platforms; and an analytical mindset.
Here is the complete list of in-demand IT jobs by Randstad and the estimated annual income, excluding the bonuses:
1. Cybersecurity officers (S$120,000 to S$240,000)
2. Project Management/ Business Analysts (S$96,000 to S$180,000)
3. Application Developers (S$72,000 to S$180,000)
4. DevOps (S$84,000 to S$144,000)
5. Embedded Developers (S$60,000 to S$108,000)
6. Mobile Developers (S$75,000 to S$108,000)
7. Data Scientists and Analysts (S$84,000 to S$180,000)
8. Cloud specialists/ Engineers (S$84,000 to S$120,000)
9. UI/UX designers (S$72,000 to S$100,000)
10. Vice President/ Head of Engineering (S$180,000 to S$240,000)
Additionally, Randstad reported that contract jobs will continue to grow in the IT market as a result of organisations upgrading and scaling up their IT systems.
System engineers topped the list of contracting jobs in IT. They are responsible in rolling out physical migration to virtual; as such they must be skillful in VMware, Windows and the cloud, said Randstad.
Here's the complete list of in-demand IT contracting jobs by Randstad and their average salary:
1. Systems engineer (S$6,000 to S$9,000)
2. Network engineer (S$7,000 to S$10,000)
3. Desktop and helpdesk support (S$3,000 to S$4,000)
4. Data centre manpower (S$4,000 to S$6,000)
5. Project management officer (S$7,000 to S$14,000)
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.