Other Potential Questions
In addition to the topics above, here is a list of additional questions to ask before you agree to let an IT recruiter present you to a potential employer:
- Tell me about the companies and roles you've suggested to me — what makes them compelling opportunities?
- How did you come into contact with this company?
- What can you tell me about the team and manager I would be working with?
- What are the most important deliverables within the first six months?
- What can I expect in the interview process?
Final Thoughts on IT Recruiters
Be careful and selective with the recruiters you work with. After meeting with the recruiter a few times, you will get a better feel for their level of knowledge, how they communicate, what type of approach they use and how helpful they will be. One thing to keep in mind is that IT recruiters are working for the hiring organization. They don't work for you.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.