Similar to VDI, there are many different business scenarios in which organizations should evaluate VMI. The most common include:
- Healthcare - Enables access to electronic health records and other sensitive apps and data from mobile devices, in compliance with HIPAA privacy requirements.
- Financial Services - Facilitates access to more sensitive client transaction data and business processes, from both personally owned and enterprise owned devices.
- Retail - Supports secure Point of Sale as a Service for credit card transactions; Protecting the confidentiality of customer data accessed both from on and off premises.
- Enterprise BYOD - Provides secure access to native apps from employee-owned mobile devices; keeping all data secure in the data center while at the same time not infringing on personal privacy.
- Commercial Services - Extends the mobile enterprise to contractors, partners and customers.
- Classified mobility - Allows government and security services to access data and applications from classified mobile devices, ensuring compliance with the thin client requirements of NSA's Mobility Capability Package.
With 1.9 billion devices expected to hit the market by 2018, IT professionals are on the hunt for a more effective way to secure the enterprise. VMI provides the access they need without compromising security or user experience.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.