I personally like the idea it poses as a new form of social engineering and information gathering-a six-step tool-kit for the professional crook to drive legitimate sales.
- Step one: insert a bad RAT into a targets mobile device.
- Step two: use the audio information collected from eavesdropping on the device to develop a convincing and customised "sales" pitch.
- Step three: use the camera or images stored on the device and from their social media to get to know the target, what they look like, friends etc.
- Step four: use GPS location data build a profile of the targets movements.
- Step five: create a chance meeting, "bump" into the target.
- Step six: deliver the perfect pitch/conversation, including the exact solution to their problems.
And if that doesn't convince them to buy, simply resort to blackmail or sell the stolen secrets.
Kids, don't try this at home.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.