20. If you could partner with one company right now to expand your product line or sales, who would it be and why?
There are three partners that are all equally important to us as strategic alliance partners — Cisco, Microsoft and VMware.
- Cisco because they are rapidly gaining share in the server market and we are closely aligned with them in joint engagements where a customer is looking to deploy compute, networking and storage for their projects — all in the form of pre-validated designs.
- Microsoft given the extent of integration that our customers expect with Windows as as OS, with Microsoft applications, with Hyper-V and with Microsoft management frameworks
- VMware because of their dominant share in server virtualization and the close collaboration we have with their hypervisor and with their management frameworks.
21. iPad, iPhone or Android? What do you own?
iPad and iPhone.
22. What kind of songs are on your MP3 player?
Rock bands from the 70s and 80s, Bollywood songs and some rap music.
23. Being an executive like myself you have to have a release. Mine is golf or my handheld satellite radio. What is yours?
Mountain biking with friends on weekends.
24. Fly, drive or train; which would you take the most if you had the chance?
Ideally a bicycle if that was possible; Else, I would probably choose a car
25. In the movie The Breakfast Club what song was brought back to life in a 2012 Movie Pitch Perfect?
"Don't You Forget About Me."
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.