Here are five ways that workload automation tools are driving digital transformation:
- Collaboration – for application development flexibility to quickly build and change workflows that adhere to site standards without becoming WLA experts while still giving operations full control over production. Having built-in, fully audited annotation ensures clear communication. When ready, workflow is promoted with automatic adjustment for the target or production environment.
- Customization – an open WLA platform that enables customers to leverage all solution capabilities for any new application by building job types with a simple web-based designer. A public application exchange that creates an open community in which users can freely find, use, and share job types. The community engenders innovation and drives broad application support for the common benefit of all members.
- Rich Core Functionality – a true WLA solution that contains a broad set of capabilities and are available equally to all workload types. These include an enterprise-wide user interface that simplifies managing a complex and heterogeneous application fabric, service level management, auditing and governance, forecasting, historical data archiving, dynamic resource management, complex time/date as well as event-based scheduling and myriad miscellaneous functions such as notification, service desk integration and management of its own infrastructure. Another key requirement of this core is the ability to leverage its benefits equally to all job types under management.
- Big Data – managing data and extracting value from it is the very core of modern computing. The upheaval in workload automation caused by Big Data and Hadoop demands a high function, tightly integrated set of capabilities that enable companies to leverage existing enterprise skills, processes and best practices to manage this new environment.
- Self Service – today's advances have democratized access to complex technology. It is no longer acceptable to restrict the use of high-impact, pervasive business tools like WLA to a specialized group in IT. Business users must have the freedom to manage their workload or to submit ad-hoc reports and queries whenever they wish, using simple web-based and mobile tools without having to become WLA experts.
Accelerating the digital transformation within the enterprise requires focus on delivering business services faster with constant attention to higher quality, stability, and customer satisfaction. The right WLA tool can dramatically alter your company's ability to achieve the innovation speed and competitive advantage you need to win in today's digitally-driven marketplace.
Sign up for CIO Asia eNewsletters.